Embassy of Togo
This eclectic-style house dates from 1927 and was built to a design by Tournai-born architect James Allard (1890-1974). After supervising the construction of a workers' housing estate in Zaventem in 1927, Allard went on to devote most of his time to villas and private houses. The brick façade, embellished with white stone, features a trapezoidal oriel in the middle section. A small window with an elaborate frame surmounts the door. Overhanging the side carriage entrance, a rectangular wooden oriel with openwork windows serves as a balcony. Today, the building houses the Embassy of Togo.
Avenue de Tervueren/Tervurenlaan 264 – Woluwe-Saint-Pierre/Sint-Pieters-Woluwe