Arthur Rogiers' studio
Architect Paul Hamesse, a student of Paul Hankar, designed this town house and studio in 1898 for the painter Arthur Rogiers. Hamesse's signature can still be seen at the base of the building. Clad in white brick with red-brick decoration, the façade is in the geometric Art Nouveau style, although the ironwork on the basement window and the letterbox frame feature the typical curves of the early days. The front door is surmounted by an oriel, on top of which sits a balcony fronting the right-hand side of a large window that brings light into the upstairs studio. In 1908, painter and writer Jules Potvin moved into the building. The house underwent an exemplary restoration in 2018, allowing its new owners to make the most of the existing spaces while respecting the original design. (Listed 08/08/1988)
Guided tours in cooperation with Korei Guided Tours.
Sat. & Sun. 10:00 to 17:00
Rue Charles Quint/Keizer Karelstraat 103 – Brussels-Extensions
Guided tours and by reservation only