OFF Programme

Guided visit

Permanent Representation of Lithuania to the European Union

Occupied by the Permanent Representation of Lithuania to the EU, these two buildings, which form a matching pair, were probably built to a design by Tilman-Francois Suys, the architect and town planner responsible for the layout of the Leopold Quarter. They are among the few sets of original buildings left in Rue Belliard/Belliardstraat, dating from its creation in around 1855. The balance and proportion of the Renaissance-inspired elevations are quite remarkable. Some changes were made in 1861 to No. 43, which also had a balustrade added in 1937. Visitors will be able to enjoy an exhibition of abstract and contemporary paintings during the tour. Also, during a guided tour, they will be able to visit spaces that are currently used for diplomatic official functions, see a short presentation of a formal dinner protocol, try Lithuanian specialties and more.

Practical information

Sat from 10:00 to 10:50 (en)
Sat from 11:00 to 11:50 (en)
Sat from 12:00 to 12:50 (en)
Sat from 14:00 to 14:50 (en)
Sat from 15:00 to 15:50 (en)
Sat from 16:00 to 16:50 (en)
Rue Belliard 41-43, Etterbeek