Guided bicycle tour
Schaerbeek/Schaarbeek: meeting places and leisure destinations
Starting in the upper reaches of Schaerbeek/Schaarbeek and ending in Place Colignon/Colignonplein, home to the area’s town hall with its iconic Salle des Guichets/Lokettenzaal (counter hall), this guided cycle route will take in the municipality’s green spaces, meeting places and leisure destinations:
- Parc Reine-Verte/Koningin-Groenpark, the sloping park opened in 2007, with its community restaurant Cannelle and magnificent view of Brussels;
- Parc Josaphat/Josaphatpark, with its archery range, cafés and playgrounds;
- sports complexes, including the new sports hall in Rue Van Oost/Van Ooststraat;
- cultural spaces: libraries, theatres, multicultural centres and the recently renovated L’Os à Moelle, Brussels’ oldest cabaret, underneath the birthplace of singer Jacques Brel;
- the Halles de Schaerbeek/Hallen van Schaarbeek cultural centre and the Maison des Arts in its green setting.
In cooperation with GRACQ Schaerbeek/Schaarbeek.
Sat. & Sun. at 14:00 (in French) (duration: 3 hours).
Starting point: Square Eugène Plasky/Eugène Plaskysquare, Schaerbeek/Schaarbeek
Advance booking required. Up to 30 people per tour. Bicycle hire is not available, so remember to bring a bike. There is a Villo! station near the starting point.