Premises of Zinneke
After being housed temporarily in the Anspach galleries, Rue de la Caserne/Kazernestraat and the Byrrh buildings, Zinneke has been based permanently in Place Masui/Masuiplein since 2013. The building was bought by the Brussels-Capital Region and made available to the organisation behind the famous Zinneke Parade, first held in 2000. Built between 1858 and 1876, this grand neoclassical building gives access to a large complex inside the block, designed in 1923 by architect Jules Libois for the Belgian Ministry of Finance, which established a stamp printing workshop here.
With support from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), Zinneke is working with cooperative design practice Rotor and architects’ firm Ouest on renovating the 4,000-m² site. The aim is to minimise the environmental impact by retaining the existing structure and making creative use of recycled materials from other dismantled buildings or construction sites.
The renovated complex will provide a huge space for meeting, training, design and production, building bridges between Zinneke and local residents, associations, artists and other social, cultural, economic and environmental actors in Brussels and beyond.
This project is one of the be.exemplary 2017 winners (http://beexemplary.brussels/projet-z/).
Guided tours by members of Zinneke: Sat. at 11:00 (in English); Sat. at 10:00, 12:00, 14:00, 15:00 and 17:00 and Sun. at 10:00, 11:00, 13:00 and 16:00 (in French); Sat. at 13:00 and 16:00 and Sun. at 12:00, 14:00 and 17:00 (in Dutch); Sun. at 15:00 (in Arabic).
sign-languageGuided tours in French Belgian Sign Language: Sat. & Sun. at 17:00.
Sat. & Sun., 10:00 to 18:00
Place Masui/Masuiplein 13, Schaerbeek/Schaarbeek/Brussels
Guided tours and by reservation only
Accessible with assistance