Former workshop of master glassmaker Florent-Prosper Colpaert (fully booked)
The home and workshop of master glassmaker Florent-Prosper Colpaert was built in 1929 to plans by architect Adolphe Deboodt. The base of the brick structure brings together a combination of black brick and blue limestone, while the first floor, which overhangs the base, culminates in a triangular projection in the central part of the façade. The building’s rectangular windows and flat roof are hallmarks of modernist architecture, a style admired for its functionalism by Colpaert, who worked with painters like Anto Cante and Albert Servaes. The ground floor and entire rear section of the building, along with its mezzanine, housed the master craftsman’s workshop. Notable examples of his projects include the stained-glass windows adorning Schaerbeek/Schaarbeek Town Hall and the basilica in Koekelberg. For some years now, the entire building has been occupied by the architectural firm Accarain-Bouillot. (Protected since 18 December 1997)
Guided tours on Sat. & Sun. at 10:00, 12:00, 14:00, 16:00 and 17:00 (French) and at 11:00, 13:00 and 15:00 (Dutch). In cooperation with Arkadia and Korei Guided Tours.
Sat. & Sun., 10:00 to 18:00
Rue Monrose/Monrosestraat 33-35, Schaerbeek/Schaarbeek
Guided tours only – advance booking required