Parc Roi Baudouin/Koning Boudewijnpark
Parc Roi Baudouin/Koning Boudewijnpark was created in 1977 to protect one of the last pockets of natural Brabant countryside in the Brussels-Capital Region. The resulting landscaped area extends over more than 100 hectares, bringing together the magnificent beech groves of Laerbeek/Laarbeek, Poelbos and Dieleghem/Dielegem woods, as well as meadows, swamps, ponds and grassy areas. In the lower part, a landscaped park in the English Romantic style was laid out, including the garden of the Institut du Sacré-Cœur school and the floor of the Molenbeek valley. Extensive lawns bordered by banks, isolated trees, water features and a bed of reed sweet-grass surround a mill pond, one of the last remnants of the Dieleghem/Dielegem Abbey estate. A little higher up, hazelnut, holly, hawthorn, blackthorn and hornbeam hedges border the last remaining grazed meadows, with the orchard, vegetable gardens and cultivated fields creating a very bucolic atmosphere right on Brussels’ doorstep. A neo-Norman-style chalet built for lawyer Eugène Van den Elschen in 1908 by Liège architect Charles Castermans houses a café/restaurant, a popular place for walkers to take a break. Playgrounds have recently been set up in the three sections of the park, areas which are frequented day in, day out by many sports enthusiasts, who revel in this vast green oasis.
Rue Bonaventure/Bonaventurestraat / Rue Valère Broekaert/Valère Broekaertstraat / Rue Eugène Toussaint/Eugène Toussaintstraat / Rue Antoine Baeck/Antoine Baeckstraat, Jette