Permanent Representation of Lithuania to the European Union (fully booked)
Occupied by the Permanent Representation of Lithuania to the EU, these two buildings, which form a matching pair, were probably built to a design by Tilman-François Suys, the architect and town planner responsible for the layout of the Leopold Quarter. They are among the few sets of original buildings left in Rue Belliard/Belliardstraat, dating from its creation in around 1855. The balance and proportion of the Renaissance-inspired elevations are quite remarkable. Some changes were made in 1861 to No. 43, which also had a balustrade added in 1937.
Visitors will be able to enjoy an exhibition of abstract and contemporary paintings during the tour. Also, during a guided tour, they will be able to visit spaces that are currently used for diplomatic official functions and see a short presentation of a formal dinner protocol.
Sat. only, 10:00 to 17:00
Rue Belliard/Belliardstraat 41-43, Brussels-Extensions
Guided tours and by reservation only