Former Brunner bank building (fully booked)

A. de Ville de Goyet ©

The former town house on 78, Rue de la Loi/Wetstraat reflects the spirit of this prestigious residential street, which was originally lined with the homes of noble and well-to-do families. The current neoclassical building dates back to 1860. In around 1900, architect Léon Govaerts was commissioned to turn the house into premises for the Brunner bank. He converted the dining room into a neo-Renaissance drawing room and created a spectacular Art Nouveau counter hall. Topped with a glass dome inserted in a concrete structure, this square space is decorated with white and green marble, golden brass, mahogany and coloured stained glass. Since the bank left the site in 2000, the hall has sometimes been used for one-off events and classical music concerts, while the many reception rooms provide a magnificent backdrop for business meetings. A study into the restoration and refurbishment of the building is under way. (Listed 9 May 1995)

Guided tours: Sat. & Sun. at 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 14:00, 15:00, 16:00 and 17:00 (in French); 10:30, 11:30, 12:30, 14:30, 15:30, 16:30 and 17:30 (in Dutch). In cooperation with Atelier de Recherche et d’Action Urbaines and Korei Guided Tours.

Classical music concerts.

Practical information

Sat. & Sun., 10:00 to 18:00

Rue de la Loi/Wetstraat 78, Brussels-Extensions

Guided tours and by reservation only

1 5 Maelbeek - Maalbeek
59 64 Maelbeek - Maalbeek
Non accessible

Non accessible