The name Concert Noble dates back to 1785, when Archduchess Maria Christina of Austria and her husband, Prince Albert of Saxony, Duke of Teschen, established a company to organise exclusive events in the Parc de Bruxelles/Warandepark for members of the nobility. In 1873, at the instigation of King Leopold II, the Société du Concert Noble decided to build the ballroom and reception rooms we know today in the Leopold Quarter, Brussels’ new fashionable neighbourhood. The man entrusted with the task was architect Henri Beyaert, who designed a suite of sumptuous rooms decorated in Louis XVI style, gradually increasing in size and culminating in the 400-m² ballroom with its 15-metre-high ceiling. Very quickly, Concert Noble became a hotspot for the capital’s high society. Visitors over the years have included Belgium’s King Baudouin, the Shah of Iran, British statesman Lord Mountbatten, US President George W. Bush and the Dalai Lama. The listed building was restored by insurance company ABB, which acquired it in 1982. It is now owned by Edificio, whose work is entirely focused on preserving exceptional heritage properties in order to pass them on to future generations. Edificio’s mission is to give a future to the heritage of the past by ensuring that it has a purpose in the present. It does this by using these properties to host a wide range of events, from the cultural to the corporate and institutional. Thanks to Edificio, Concert Noble is now buzzing with life as the backdrop for prestige gatherings. (Listed 27/10/1983)
Guided tours: Sat. & Sun. at 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 14:00, 15:00 and 16:00 (in French); 10:30, 11:30, 12:30, 14:30, 15:30 and 16:30 (in Dutch). In cooperation with Once in Brussels and Korei Guided Tours.
Sat. & Sun., 10:00 to 17:00
Rue d’Arlon/Aarlenstraat 84, Brussels-Extensions
Guided tours and by reservation only